Saturday, March 22, 2008

Nothing is safe!!!!!

So I was very carefull in getting ready for Madilyn's party yesterday. I made sure that I put everything in a safe place so that our sweet little Ethan couldn't reach up, pull a chair over, or do anything to undo my handywork. But of course, he found a loophole. I had frosted the cupcakes and didn't have room in the fridge. The only safe place I had (I thought) was to put them up on top of the fridge. I was WRONG!!!! I was doing Madilyn's hair in my bathroom and Ethan walked in covered in chocolate with a cupcake wrapper in hand. Needless to say I was very upset as I picked up cake crumbs while tracing his steps back down the hallway. The little sneak pulled a barstool over to the counter and from what I could tell reached up onto the fridge, which seems like quite a reach. I think he may have then stood on top of my kitchen aid. Nothing stands in his way! I didn't get a picture because, well I was mad. But I thought I'd share the story.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Holy Cow! I can't believe that BOY! He's very creative:) What a darling idea for a party, and Madilyn is so PHOTOGENIC!!! Did you get my message the other day??

Unknown said...

Oh no! That's really sad to hear, but in another way (since it's not me having to clean up) really funny...what a great climber! I hope I don't have to deal with that too quickly.

rach said...

Oh My!!! I would have been furious and in complete shock. Top of the FRIDGE, seriously!!! We are going to have a fun week getting to know that boy. He probably has a few tricks that I don't want him teaching Trevor :).

beth said...

All I have to say is--It was chocolate! yummmmm

Way to go Ethan, I'm glad to see some of my chocolate loving blood running through those Matthison veins.

Gram-me Sparks