Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Baptism Day!!




So there have been moments in motherhood where I have really struggled with the fact that my children have gotten another year older, particularly as Madilyn has gone through her firsts. I cried when she turned 1, I bawled when she left for kindergarten and was still crying when I went to pick her up. I have been getting teary eyed for weeks in thinking about the fact that she would be turning 8 and getting baptised and even thinking about it now after the fact brings tears to my eyes. It was such a beautiful and sweet baptism. I wish that all of you could've felt the spirit that was there. Madilyn looked precious in her baptismal whites. I know that they are pretty much ugly jumpers, but you look at them in pure white and know what's about to happen and they are so beautiful. Madilyn was thrilled to be baptised and she shined with excitement and joy as she got into the water, the biggest smile across her face. Chris then confirmed her a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was just truely a beautiful day! Thanks to all our friends and family who came to support her. She loved having you all there!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Heather!

Tanya told me she found you and gave me your blog address. It's been too long, but I'm so glad you're blogging. Your kids are adorable-and congrats on Madilyn's baptism. I think it's crazy you have an 8 year old! You look great and it looks like you guys are doing well.

It looks like you are in Utah-we're in Salt Lake-we should get together sometime.

Our blog is www.faithlovefamily.blogspot.com. Hope to hear from you.

Nancy (Carroll)

Olsen's said...

Congrats! We are so proud of you Madilyn. She's looks so pretty. Firsts I totally agree and I haven't even made it as far as you! 2 days for my sad day! Turning One my baby. And your baby just turned Two.

Shelley said...

Cute pictures! Oh, and I cried too and she's not even mine...she's just such a precious little girl!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Glad you had a good day. Hey were did you find your cute blog template?

Can

The Price's Wife said...

Congrats my friend! You guys are such an adorable family!

beth said...

This was such a wonderful day--we are so glad we could be there. Madilyn--you are so beautiful both inside and out. You bring such joy to my heart! Thank you for letting us share in your special day. My family is my greatest blessing. Luv ya bunches

Gram-me Sparks

Wendy said...

Loving all the new posts! Your family is too cute!