Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cascade Springs

We are finding all kinds of fun things to do this summer. It is the first time in a long time that we don't have to take a stroller or carry a kid in our arms and we are enjoying that. This morning we went to Cascade Springs just outside of Midway at the end of the Alpine Loop. It was so beautiful!!!
So many of the wildflowers were in bloom.
The kids love to hike and follow the trails ahead of us.
I thought what a great picture spot but of course Drew refused to smile.
Ethan's a homie! I kept fixing his hat to be in center but I guess hanging off to the side is the way he liked it. I'm not sure what they are doing here but it looks like Ethan is about to cause some trouble.


7 comments:

beth said...

Wow, that looks like a gorgeous place and hikes are a perfect way for the little ones to get out all that excess energy. Fun, fun!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, I wish we had pretty areas like that here in CA. I know we do have somethings but I do love the mountains.

Hey I singed up for Facebook and I saw Ashely Johnson's wedding pictures. WOW does she look like Hedi crazy on how those girls have grown up. They are beautiful (I am sure you know this) do you still keep in touch with them?

Take care

Mary said...

I'm glad you made it up there. The pictures are gorgeous! Have you taken a photography class? In the one with the family on the bridge, Ethan looks so much like Michelle.

Payne said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Chris and Laurie said...

That place is so pretty and peaceful... Chris and I took a bike ride out there last summer.

Wendy said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun summer! That place looks so pretty and so fun! It looks right up Jake's ally. Hope you guys are well!

Anonymous said...

HI Heather - Sheri Ryan here - found your blog through someone elses. Good to see you're doing well. Your kids are beautiful.
Sheri