Sunday, July 6, 2008

Enjoying the outdoors

For years I have been saying that we need an El Pollo Loco here in Utah and guess what!!! We got one!!! I heard one had opened in Lehi and we made the trip down to get some yummy food. May I also add that after Chris and I got married and weren't sure where to go next, we went to El Pollo Loco. So there's some sentiment there, I guess. Anyways, we went through the drive through and went up American Fork canyon for a picnic and some hiking. We are so blessed to have such beauty around us.
Isn't he the cutest thing? K so the kids bought some hubba bubba bubble gum at the store the other day and Ethan told them he wanted some gubble bum. "I want gubble bum! I want gubble bum"! So guggle bum it is. I Just thought that was so stinkin cute, I had to share.
My three cuties! My photogenic Madilyn
K so there's a story here. The water here is actually quite fast flowing but it is very shallow and fun to walk across the rocks. The water was also really cold and the kids weren't so sure they wanted to go in. I know I didn't, but I encouraged them. Madilyn went out a good ways and lost one of her flip flops. It was going high speed down into the resevoir and me with my quick reactions ran towards the flip flop trying to retrieve it before it was gone forever. As I reached down to get it, I hoped that I wouldn't be bending down in vain to not be able to grab it, especially since there were several people watching. Thank goodness, I was successful. Not so much because I'd be heartbroken about losing her shoe, but because I didn't want to look like a bigger dork than I already felt.

6 comments:

Chris and Laurie said...

That sounds like a fun time... Did you know they opened an e z out in Lehi area also??? I've been wanting to go out there for a while... That's funny about the flip flop I'm glad you were able to retrieve it... :)

Olsen's said...

How fun! I've never heard of that place to eat. Might have to try it out! You are always doing fun things.

Molly Jolley said...

What a fun family afternoon. PS we love el pollo loco too. As soon as we got here to the big AZ we got some. aaaahhhh its the little things in life:)

Olsen's said...

Okay I totally agree with you on Jesse and D. I was not happy at all. I felt so bad for Jason ):
They lead us in a completely different direction who she's falling for! I'm done with reality shows I get to attached.

rach said...

What a beautiful day. Where is that place? Mmmm Gubble Bum! That kids is cute. Andrew looks like he is enjoying that chicken :)

Tanya said...

I just read your comment on my blog. I am so sorry to hear about your little angel. I can't even imagine. Kids are precious and I am thankful for that blog, your story, and countless others that remind me to hug my children a little tighter and watch them closer.